The Government has announced the £25 million bike repair scheme to encourage people to repair their bikes and get back on the road. The Fix your Bike Voucher Scheme allows members of the public to receive a voucher worth up to £50 towards the cost of repairing a bicycle.
As a registered retailer, you can use the bike servicing and repair facilities offered at the Bicycle Hub in Cheltenham. Book in for a bronze, silver or gold service and use your voucher towards the cost of the service along with any required parts. The voucher scheme does not allow for upgrading replacement parts or accessories such as helmets or lighting.
Registering for your voucher is simple:
1. Visit the Energy Saving Trust website and complete the registration process. Vouchers are capped at two per household and must be used on different bikes.
2. Then contact the Bicycle Hub team on 01242 231690 to book your bike in for a service
3. Hand over the voucher to one of our team
4. Pay any difference over the £50
5. Get back on your bike and enjoy the joys of cycling again